Dr Rooter Services Warranty Policy
Our lifetime transferable warranty covers the following services:
NOTE: The Client MUST ADVISE Dr Rooter AT THE TIME OF BOOKING THE PROPOSED WARRANTY CLAIM.
- Basement waterproofing (interior or exterior).
- Foundation crack repair.
- Weeping tile pipe installation.
- Drains (new installation).
- Water service (new installation).
- Trenchless drain repair.
- Back Water Valve installation.
- New washroom rough-ins.
- Underpinning work.
- New installed concrete floor.
If the Client believes their claim for Warranty is justified and are inside the parameters of the following WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS, then the CLIENT MUST ADVISE Dr Rooter that the Client believes this instance is an actual WARRANTY ISSUE, and must be told to Dr Rooter AT THE TIME OF BOOKING THE PROPOSED WARRANTY CLAIM. WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
'The Client' means the person described as such on the "Final Invoice." The Client is the Owner of the Property, or the Client is the Authorised Agent, Person or Company contracted by the Owner of the property, and the work is to be done on the Client's property.
"Approved Commercial Client" means The Client has a "Signed Approved Application For Credit Account" with Dr Rooter.
"Approved Application For Credit Account" means The Client has written/documented approved payment terms with Dr Rooter.
"Final Invoice" means the Tax Invoice issued for the complete "Work," or last final claim invoice for the completed Work (in the case of progress claimed Work).
"Work" means the labour and materials supplied and carried out by Dr Rooter on The Client's Premises, as per the Work Description on The Client's Final Invoice.
"Dr Rooter" means Dr Rooter Inc.
"The Premises" means the Job Address described on The Client's Final Invoice.
"The Warranty Claim" means the proposed issue or fault of the Work the Client is dissatisfied with. Warranty Period
25 years transferable warranty
Note: Some 'material only" used in the Work may have a separate Independent Manufacturer
Warranty which may extend past the 25 years or have less than 25 years Warranty Period. Warranty
1. To the extent permitted by law, Dr Rooter excludes all warranties, statements, representations, conditions, promises, undertakings, covenants and other provisions expressed or implied (and whether implied by law including an Act of Parliament or otherwise), relating to the Work including provisions that might otherwise form part of these conditions or be collateral to these conditions. In no circumstance, including negligent acts or omissions by Dr Rooter, will Dr Rooter be liable to The Client for any special, consequential, direct or indirect loss, damage, harm or injury suffered by The Client or any other person including without limiting the generality of the foregoing loss of market, loss of profit and loss of contract.
2. At Dr Rooter's sole discretion Dr Rooter may offer the following warranty. Subject to the conditions of warranty set out in Clause 3 Dr Rooter Contractor warrants that if any defect in any workmanship manufactured by Dr Rooter becomes apparent and is reported to Dr Rooter within the Warranty Period (time being of the essence) then Dr Rooter will either (at Dr Rooter's sole discretion) repair the defect or replace the workmanship. Note that warranty will be conducted and undertaken during standard business hours only.
3. The conditions applicable to the warranty given by Clause 1 are:
a) The warranty shall not cover any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise through:
i) Failure on the part of The Client to properly maintain any Work, including but not limited to, failure to undertake regular servicing in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements; or
ii) Failure on the part of The Client to follow any verbal or written instructions or guidelines provided by Dr Rooter or the Independent Manufacturer; or
iii) Any use of any Work otherwise than for any application specified on a quote or Final Invoice; or
iv) The continued use of any Work after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user; or
v) The use of the Work prior to Dr Rooter completing the installation and/or commission of the Work; or
vi) Fair wear and tear, any accident or act of God; or
vii) An electrical power surge, spike or fluctuation; or
viii) Dry running the pumps or appliance.
b) The warranty shall cease and Dr Rooter shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the Warranty Terms and Conditions if the workmanship is repaired, altered or overhauled without Dr Rooter's consent.
c) In respect of all claims Dr Rooter shall not be liable to compensate The Client for any delay in either replacing or repairing the workmanship/Work or in properly assessing The Client's claim.
d) The warranty shall cease and Dr Rooter shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the Warranty Terms and Conditions if The Client defaults in any payment due to Dr Rooter.
4. For Work not supplied and/or installed by Dr Rooter, that being any Client Supplied Labour and/or Materials for any of the Work or part thereof, the warranty shall cease and Dr Rooter shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the Warranty Terms and Conditions.